ShopTalk Ep 09: Better Conversations Through Content Marketing
November is Have Better Conversations Month and what better way to have great conversations with your target audience than through content marketing done right! If you’ve been on social media any length of time, you’ve undoubtedly seen the phrase content marketing.[pullquote align=”left”] Rachel Parker
Connect with Rachel!
Fellow podcaster, public speaker and queen of content, Rachel Parker of Resonance Content is today’s guest and she shares how easy it is for small business owners to do content marketing right. Because there is a wrong way to do content marketing. Trust me. There is…and Rachel and I talk about it in this week’s episode of ShopTalk with The Marketing Stylist!
Enjoy the show!
Please be sure to leave comments and if you’re listening in iTunes, please rate and review the show!
Mentioned in the Show:
- Joe Pulizzi, author of Epic Content Marketing
Jay Baer, author of Youtility
- FTC and Content Marketing
- #ContentMarketing lays down a foundation of trust. @Resonancecont @lisanalexander http://buff.ly/1caIdws
- The sales pitch is the side dish to your #content marketing. Not the main dish. @Resonancecont @lisanalexander http://buff.ly/1caIdws
- Be a part of your customers lives without selling. @Resonancecont @lisanalexander http://buff.ly/1caIdws
- 50% of your marketing effort should be #contentmarketing @Resonancecont @lisanalexander http://buff.ly/1caIdws
About Rachel Parker: A self-described “marketing nerd,” Rachel Parker helps take the mystery—and the madness—out of content marketing for organizations of all sizes. As Owner and Chief Geek of Resonance Content Marketing, Rachel helps marketers navigate the sometimes scary, sometimes baffling, always unpredictable waters of today’s marketing environment. She’ll help you understand your customers as never before and deliver valuable content to win their hearts … and their lasting loyalty.
Still with me? Awesome. Now for the standard bio stuff. Rachel brings a track record of success in content and brand messaging to her work with forward-thinking businesses of all sizes. With over 15 years experience as a brand strategist and marketing writer, she has worked with some of the most prominent companies in Houston, including Hewlett-Packard, SYSCO Foodservice, The Methodist Hospital System, Reliant Energy, Honeywell, NetIQ, AIG American General, and many others.
Intro music by my nephew: Justin Daniels Sanchez.
Cover art by PrettyWork.
Show airs biweekly.
Next show dates: December 13 and December 27